Thursday, April 1, 2010

Change.

"In a desert land he found him, in a barren & howling waste. He shielded him & cared for him; he guarded him as the apple of his eye, like an eagle that stirs up its nest & hovers over its young, that spreads its wings to catch them & carries them on its pinions." Deuteronomy 32:10-11

This verse I would say is the anthem of my present season. God has been, what feels like, ripping me out of nest...my comfort zone. I would say it has been pretty painful. At first, it was really confusing, but then I realized that God was trying to get me to fly. Have I experienced the flight yet? Not quite. At this point I don't even really know what that means. The one thing I know is that if I fall, my God is ready and willing to catch me. The only thing I can find security and comfort in is Him. It can't come from my friends, family, or even pastors; it has to come from Him alone.
I know the promises spoken over my life. Right now, faith to me means believing in His promises...even when my feelings try to convince me otherwise.

For now, I must sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment